NF BA4850 High Speed Bipolar Amplifier DC to 50MHz
|Provide stable output that easily drives a wide variety of devices
BA Series are power amplifiers that handle DC to 50 MHz (max.) signals and output broadband, high speed, and high voltage (300 Vp-p max) bipolar (both positive and negative polarities) outputs. While ordinary DC power supplies only supply one-way currents, the BA Series amplifiers supply (source) and absorb (sink) currents, and handle positive and negative voltages as well, because they operate across all four quadrants.
Available for capacitive and inductive loads
If a load containing a capacitor or coil is driven with alternating current, the current generally flows back from the load. In this case, an ordinary power supply or amplifier may not be able to drive the load. BA series amplifier also operates (i.e., outputs the current) with a capacitive or inductive load such as a piezoelectric element or solenoid. This is because it operates also with a sink, where the voltage and current directions are reverse.
Broadband, high speed, and high-voltage
BA4850 faithfully reproduces pulse signals with quick rise and complex waveform signals as well, because the frequency band is DC to 50 MHz and the slew rate is 6,000 V/µ s.
BA4825 drives current from a large piezoelectric element or display device, because the band is DC to 2 MHz and the maximum high-voltage output is 300 Vp-p.
Because both can amplify DC, they can be input waveforms containing an offset or those that are asymmetric in the positive area and negative area.
Low output impedance
BA series keep a low output impedance throughout the overall range (0.5Ω + 1.5 MHz or less typ. for BA4825). With the voltage drop (raised due to load connection) suppressed to the minimum, the power of the equipment is maximized.
- Range shifting function*1 for changing output range.*1
- DC bias addition function*1 for adding direct current (bias) to the output.
- DC offset adjustment function for setting DC offset in output to 0 (zero).
- Equipped with output voltage monitor terminal (BNC, monitor ratio 1/100)*1 and monitor meter (output voltage/current switching display)*1.
- Output on/off can be switched from the panel or externally controlled.
- Output polarity switching (INVT) for setting the device to either an in-phase or reversed-phase amplifier. Use of reversed-phase output enables BTL*2 connection, which doubles the output voltage and power, using two BA Series amplifiers.
- Two systems, A and B, for input. Switching and addition of the input by pressing a single key*1.
- Input impedance switcheable between 50Ω and 10kΩ*1
- The settings at power-on can be set using the dip switches on the rear panel.
- The power input is available for worldwide applications (AC100 to 230 V).
*1 : BA4825 function *2 : Balanced Transformerless
As for high speed bipolar amplifier, we have prodcut lineup of HSA series (total six models) with different frequency range, output voltage and output current besides BA series.